The Los Altos-Mountain View PONY Baseball Yearbook
The yearbook for our league is published annually for all families with players registered in the following divisions: Shetland, Pinto, Mustang, Bronco and Pony. The yearbook is intended to meet a variety of objectives including supplying league rules and regulations as well as providing a keepsake of your child's season of baseball.
Q: How do I get my child's photo in the yearbook?
A: There are two types of photos in the yearbook:
- Still portrait photos from 'Picture Day' are used to compose each team's page. These are typically acquired from the previous year's season because the current year's Picture Day is after the publication of the yearbook. If your child had his/her picture taken this day in the previous season, then it will be included.
- The other types of photos in the yearbook are action shots used throughout the pages. We welcome all photo submissions for consideration. You may submit your photos by emailing them to the yearbook editor: Jan Ahrens at email@example.com.
Q: In what format do photo submissions need to be?
A: Any standard and well-accepted photo format is fine including jpg and gif. It must be a high quality photo to be considered, and it must be tagged with the player name, division and team. Example: SmithMustangYankees
Q: By when do photo submissions need to be made for being included in the yearbook?
A: Because the yearbook is provided at the beginning of each season, photo submissions must be completed by January 1st of that playing year. Late submissions may be considered depending on the exact publication date of the yearbook.
Q: Why isn't my child's photo included in the yearbook?
A: The league holds at least one, and often two, Picture Day sessions for your child's photo to be taken. The photos are used from the prior year's Picture Day for the current year's yearbook (because Picture Day is mid-way through the season, after the publication of the yearbook). So, if your child had his/her photo taken at Picture Day, then it will be included in the yearbook on the team photo page.
Q: When is the yearbook given out to families?
A: The yearbook is provided at the beginning of each season, typically on opening day or shortly thereafter. The head coach will hand these out, one per family.
Q: How much does the yearbook cost for me to order?
A: Nothing! It is included in the overall league’s registration fees and therefore your family will receive one for each player registered in the divisions that are included.
Q: What information is included in the yearbook?
A: While the yearbook format may change from year-to-year, it generally includes the following:
- League History
- Board of Directors listing
- Acknowledgement of Sponsors
- Recognition of Volunteers
- Rules and Regulations
- Codes of Conduct
- Links to the league website
- Team Listings with Coach and Player Photos
Q: Does the yearbook include private information about my child or family?
A: No. The yearbook is very similar to an elementary school yearbook and publishes your child’s photo and name only, no contact or address information.
Q: If I don't want my child's photo in the yearbook, how do I handle that?
A: When you registered your player for the season, you opted-in and accepted that your child’s photo and video could be published for league purposes. If you would like to discuss this, please contact the yearbook editor.